Toddler Activities Week of 2009-11-15
After our unseasonably warm weather last week, we are in for a week of chilly rain. We missed the last two activities on last week’s schedule (sidewalk chalk and kickball), because we went to the park instead.
Kieran’s favorite activity was Red Light/Green Light; we have played it every day since I introduced it. Sometimes we take turns saying “red light, green light,” but usually he says “green light” and I say “red light.” He giggles the whole time.
Here is what we have in store for this week:
Monday: Free day at a local indoor water park – fun!
Tuesday: Egg toss – tape some open mouthed containers together into one or two rows (empty sour cream/butter container, coffee can, etc.). Set them up on the floor with the openings up. Let your toddler stand over them and drop plastic eggs or other small objects into the cups.
Wednesday: Act out stories from your toddler’s favorite books.
Thursday: Little Chefs – a cooking “class” for toddlers (one of our co-op classes)
Friday: Puzzle flashlight hunt – take the pieces from one of your toddler’s favorite puzzles and hide them in a room that you can darken. Then take a walk with your toddler and a flashlight and try to find all of the pieces of the puzzle. As you find each one, put it in the puzzle.
*We do “puzzle hide and seek” all the time without dark rooms and flashlights. It’s one of Kieran’s favorite games (I hide the puzzle pieces in one room, he finds them and puts them in the puzzle.)
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- When Sharing Sleep Is Tiring
- Parenting From the Inside Out
- Five Ideas to Keep Babies and Toddlers Safe from Choking
- Vote Now for Your Favorite Photos in NPN’s Flickr Contest: What Does Natural Parenting Really Look Like?
- May 2013 Carnival of Natural Parenting Call for Submissions: Emergency Preparedness
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED