Mi A Name I Call Me-Self
Like one of my fellow bloggers, I want to start holiday traditions with Tom and Kieran. We did three things this year that I would like to continue in years to come: 1) all of the various crafts we made over the past month; 2) the handmade ornament swaps with friends and family; and 3) cuddling up with The Sound of Music and homemade pizza on Christmas Eve.
The Sound of Music on Christmas Eve was Kieran’s first movie. He made it through almost 1.5 hrs before he decided there were better things to do – 1.5 hours also happened to coincide with the end of “Do Re Mi.” I’d shown him a clip of Do Re Mi on YouTube several times, and he knew it was part of the movie. He asked no less than 37 times “Do Re Mi go?” (translation: Where did Do Re Mi go, lady, and why are you making me sit through all of these mountain shots?)
Anyway, he was so excited to finally see the song, he sang and danced along with Julie Andrews and crew. When they reach the end of the first verse and sing “Do-oh-oh-oh,” Kieran was so in tune and on the beat that Tom and I dissolved with laughter. I must also admit that I got misty eyed watching Kieran become enraptured by the movie that I have grown up loving.
In honor of our new Christmas tradition, here is a little video of Kieran signing Do Re Mi. He normally doesn’t sing and do gymnastics at the same time, but the camcorder does very strange things to his behavior (at least he didn’t spend the entire time repeating “NeeNee see!”).
By the way, my absolute favorite part of Kieran’s rendition is the way he said “myself.” Listen for it.
6 Responses to:
"Mi A Name I Call Me-Self"
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- When Sharing Sleep Is Tiring
- Parenting From the Inside Out
- Five Ideas to Keep Babies and Toddlers Safe from Choking
- Vote Now for Your Favorite Photos in NPN’s Flickr Contest: What Does Natural Parenting Really Look Like?
- May 2013 Carnival of Natural Parenting Call for Submissions: Emergency Preparedness
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED