Let’s Normalize Nursing in Kansas City
While perusing blogs last night (Tom and Kieran were asleep in bed. Without me! I celebrated with a glass of wine.), I came across this post by a fantastic lactivist. She found two YouTube videos by campaigns aimed at normalizing nursing in public.
Normalizing breastfeeding is something near and dear to my heart, and I would love to put together a video of women in and around Kansas City nursing in public.
That is where I need your help, dear friends and family. I know many of you have your own pictures of nursing in public, we can start with those. But in the coming weeks, try to remember to grab the camera when you go out – let’s get some good shots.
I’m thinking . . .
nursing at a Chiefs game
nursing at Crown Center
tandem nursing in a local bookstore
a toddler nursing during a local concert
nursing by a Plaza fountain
Let your imaginations run wild, but let’s try to have most of the pictures be identifiable as NIP in KC.
You can email your pictures directly to me: codenamemama @ gmail.com (minus the spaces, of course). I reserve the right to edit, make changes, etc.
Please forward this to every breastfeeding mama you know in the area – let’s get a video made within the next several months.
(By the way, I’m also researching how to change the breastfeeding laws in Kansas and Missouri to make them more breastfeeding-friendly. Maybe this is just what we need to kick start such a movement!)
Here are the videos from other city campaigns:
54 Responses to:
"Let’s Normalize Nursing in Kansas City"
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- 9 Ways to Create Moments of Connection with Older Children
- Lego Angst
- I Wish Children Came with Instruction Manuals
- Mindful Nurturing Resources Bundle Sale
- We’re Just Suckers for Breastmilk! Should Lactivists Worry About Breastmilk-Flavored Lollipops?
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED