Twiddle Me This
Kieran is a twiddler. And you know what? I usually don’t care. My nipples have never been very sensitive, and breastfeeding has made them even less so. The only time it makes my skin crawl is when we haven’t clipped his nails in awhile.
Anyway. He usually twiddles when he’s sleepy. Once the twiddling stops, it’s a good indicator that he’s asleep.
One afternoon last week, I was trying to get him down for a nap. We were lying on our sides. He was nursing one side and twiddling the other.
And then he got an itch.
He kept scratching. He also kept tugging more insistently on my nipple.
By this point, I was watching with mild interest. Was his hair in his ear? Could I move it without waking him up more than he already was? Could I help him scratch the itch so that he would calm down?
Apparently, Kieran had already planned on enlisting me:
With a sleepy – yet intense – concentration, he inched my nipple ever closer to his ear. Before I knew what was going on, he had popped the tip of my nipple into his ear and swirled it around, killing that pesky itch.
Satisfied, he relaxed his death grip on my nipple.
Somehow, I doubt Johnson & Johnson could use that story as a marketing tool.
Has your nipple ever been used for something strange?
On Code Name: Mama, I share information, resources, and my thoughts on natural parenting and life with a toddler. Please take a moment to subscribe to my RSS feed for free updates.
18 Responses to:
"Twiddle Me This"
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- When Sharing Sleep Is Tiring
- Parenting From the Inside Out
- Five Ideas to Keep Babies and Toddlers Safe from Choking
- Vote Now for Your Favorite Photos in NPN’s Flickr Contest: What Does Natural Parenting Really Look Like?
- May 2013 Carnival of Natural Parenting Call for Submissions: Emergency Preparedness
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED