Organizing Arts and Crafts
Kieran and I love to do arts and crafts: stickers, coloring, painting, gluing, cutting, anything that involves creativity is ok with us. We were blessed with an abundance of art supplies at Christmas, and I couldn’t figure out how to store them.
We had feathers, pompoms, glitter glue, pretty scrap paper, craft sticks, and fifty-seven other craft supplies dumped unceremoniously into our craft bins.
Thank you Mandy for suggesting the clear shoe boxes sold at Costco (14 boxes for $14.99). They have been an organizational lifesaver! I really need to go back and get some more, just in case Costco stops selling them (which they are apt to do).
Here are the after pictures of my art and craft organizational heyday this week. I didn’t have the heart to show you before pictures, I’ll leave it to your imagination.
This three drawer storage cart is low to the ground. Everything in this cart is safe for Kieran to get into in case he decides to do some solo crafting.
The bottom two bins on our tall storage bin are Kieran-friendly. The bottom drawer has his trains and train tracks, the next drawer up has scrap paper, crayons, and a nature tray (currently full of pine cones and seashells). He has been quite pleased that he can get to these items whenever the urge strikes.
The top drawers are craft supplies that require supervision: glue, markers, etc. I store paint and large craft supplies in the hall closet; Kieran would need adult assistance to get to them.
How do you organize your arts and crafts?
On Code Name: Mama, I share information, resources, and my thoughts on natural parenting and life with a toddler. Please take a moment to subscribe to my RSS feed for free updates.
5 Responses to:
"Organizing Arts and Crafts"
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- When Sharing Sleep Is Tiring
- Parenting From the Inside Out
- Five Ideas to Keep Babies and Toddlers Safe from Choking
- Vote Now for Your Favorite Photos in NPN’s Flickr Contest: What Does Natural Parenting Really Look Like?
- May 2013 Carnival of Natural Parenting Call for Submissions: Emergency Preparedness
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED