Bean Bag Toss
In the rare moments that rocks and sticks don’t occupy your toddler’s time outside, here is a game that you can suggest. This game of Bean Bag Toss works on eye/hand coordination, gross motor skills, and you can even add in a review of shapes for good measure. All you need is sidewalk chalk and bean bags (or something you can throw that won’t roll).
Grab some sidewalk chalk and ask your toddler to name some shapes. We drew circles, squares, and triangles. Explain that the object of the game is to toss the bean bags into the shape. Then take turns throwing the bean bags. Super easy!
Be sure to let your toddler improvise on the rules if he so chooses. If he wants to throw backwards, set the bean bags along the edge of the shapes, or just take the sidewalk chalk and color – that’s ok! You’ve given him some tools, now let him use his imagination. Follow your child’s lead in play.
Come over and play at the Childhood 101 We Play link up
7 Responses to:
"Bean Bag Toss"
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- When Sharing Sleep Is Tiring
- Parenting From the Inside Out
- Five Ideas to Keep Babies and Toddlers Safe from Choking
- Vote Now for Your Favorite Photos in NPN’s Flickr Contest: What Does Natural Parenting Really Look Like?
- May 2013 Carnival of Natural Parenting Call for Submissions: Emergency Preparedness
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED