Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
EWW Im at lunch,the woman at the table next 2 me is
breast feeding her baby w no coverup
then puts baby on the table and changes her diaper
Oh? You are venturing into the parenting world, Kim? Please, share with us your childless wisdom.
My sister breast feeds! Its a natural beautiful thing,
there’s nothing wrong w it, but she covers herself, not w her boobs exposed
I am so grateful that Ms. Kardashian is taking it upon herself to instruct breastfeeding mamas everywhere on the proper way to cover up their breasts whilst feeding their children.
Since we obviously need a popular socialite to dictate acceptable nursing etiquette, I will show you now exactly how much cleavage Kim thinks is acceptable to show in public by nursing mothers:
Hmmm, that’s odd. I see more cleavage in Kim’s picture than I do by the breastfeeding moms in this one:
Ok, let’s try a different one. Here’s one that (according to Kim) models the proper amount of cleavage exposure from breastfeeding moms:
Interesting. I’m still seeing more boob than I usually do when I see a mom nurse, like this:
Well, third time’s a charm they say, let’s try one more time. This one is much more modest, it’s obviously what Ms. Kardashian was thinking about when she was advising breastfeeding moms to cover up:
See? Much better. She is really trying to draw attention away from that scandalous breasty area in this one.
But honestly Kim, if you’re going to advise breastfeeding mothers how to nourish their children, you should really start practicing what you preach. Otherwise, people might think you are hypocritical.
Here’s our suggestion – why don’t you start walking around in public like this:
What? You don’t want to put a blanket over your cleavage? But that’s a cute Grecian look you have going there!
Oh, I see – you’re only concerned about breasts as they relate to their nutritive values. Well here, this look might be more appropriate:
Oh, come on. A blanket on your head isn’t that bad. You can still breathe, right? It’s not like you are eating in the bathroom or anything. Think about it, if you become the model for breastfeeding cover-up etiquette, you could be the catalyst for some real social change. Or at least the hottest new fashion trend!
I’m not sure the whole blanket thing will catch on with babies though . . .1
Or with toddlers, for that matter . . .
Oh, and Kourtney? You have every breastfeeding mama’s permission to tell your sister to take a flying leap once your baby starts throwing the blanket off. We support your right to nurse in public with or without a cover.
83 Responses to:
"Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up"
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- When Sharing Sleep Is Tiring
- Parenting From the Inside Out
- Five Ideas to Keep Babies and Toddlers Safe from Choking
- Vote Now for Your Favorite Photos in NPN’s Flickr Contest: What Does Natural Parenting Really Look Like?
- May 2013 Carnival of Natural Parenting Call for Submissions: Emergency Preparedness
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED