Carnival Giveaways and Other Food for Thought
Only days remain before submissions are due for the Carnival of Nursing in Public – are you going to show your support for breastfeeding mamas? We’re looking for all kinds of things – original posts (don’t post them yet! they’ll go up during carnival week), breastfeeding pictures, Tweets that give NIP encouragement/tips, and more. You can read all the details in our “Call for Submissions” post.
Need a little nudge to get you started writing? How about some fabulous giveaways?! We’ve got nursing pads from The Sustainable Stitchery (I own some, they’re awesome!), a beautiful onesie to show off your little one’s breastfeeding pride from Etsy shop innerwolfbatik, Sore Nipple Salve from Etsy shop Wild Root Botanicals, and an Ergo (which I also own, love, and have nursed in many times)!
For more information on how to win one of our fabulous giveaways, please visit Paige’s post at Baby Dust Diaries. She has also created several new badges that you can grab for your blog/website that tell the world you support breastfeeding mamas.
I have a new post up at API Speaks. Here’s an excerpt:
[T]here is an age range in which it is “appropriate” to spank. According to the “experts” (and the spanking parents who discuss these things online), you should not spank babies younger than about 15-18 months, and you should not spank children past the age of 7 years.
If you know that the “solution” of spanking is only a short-term “fix,” why do it at all? If spanking is one of your parenting tools, you will eventually have to toss it out of your toolbox. What will you do after it is no longer appropriate to threaten your child physically?
What are your thoughts about starting a parenting practice that you can only use for a few years? Please visit API Speaks to comment, and feel free to share it with your friends – you never know what might spark a parent to give gentle discipline a try.
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- When Sharing Sleep Is Tiring
- Parenting From the Inside Out
- Five Ideas to Keep Babies and Toddlers Safe from Choking
- Vote Now for Your Favorite Photos in NPN’s Flickr Contest: What Does Natural Parenting Really Look Like?
- May 2013 Carnival of Natural Parenting Call for Submissions: Emergency Preparedness
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED