Call for Submissions: Gentle Parenting Successes and Suggestions
Have you read any of the Joys of Breastfeeding Toddlers series? The stories have been so uplifting; it is good to be part of such a supportive breastfeeding community. The series has been so wonderful that I want to try something new. Some of the most shared posts on Code Name: Mama deal with gentle and respectful parenting, and I’d like to get more input from you in that area.
There are two resources that have been the most helpful to me in my own gentle parenting journey.
First, reading about others’ experiences: real-life examples of challenges met with respect and compassion can be both educational and inspirational.
Second, when I face a challenge of my own, I have always been able to turn to my local AP group for a fresh perspective and creative ideas.
I’d like to provide a resource like that here at Code Name: Mama, so I’m introducing a new series that will feature your stories and questions.
I’m looking for short posts in two areas:
1) Gentle Parenting Suggestions: Don’t let the name fool you – what I’d really like are your parenting questions. Could you use gentle parenting advice for a specific “challenge”? Please provide a concise explanation of the situation/behavior, including the child’s age and any other details that might be helpful (i.e., when the situation usually occurs, any factors that might contribute, etc.).
2) Gentle Parenting Successes: Do you have concrete examples of a situation where gentle/respectful parenting helped you build a better relationship with your child? For example: a time where sitting down to connect lovingly with a child who “misbehaved” gave you insight into the behavior that you would not otherwise have known. Or a playful parenting encounter that turned a potential tantrum into a positive experience.
In particular, I’d love to feature stories that build on consensual living principles or the techniques and ideas discussed in books like Respectful Parents, Respectful Kids; Playful Parenting; Unconditional Parenting; and Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves.
I am not looking for stories about parenting techniques such as time-outs, negative consequences, coercion, or punishment.
I look forward to reading about your gentle parenting experiences and to getting feedback from our community.
12 Responses to:
"Call for Submissions: Gentle Parenting Successes and Suggestions"
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- When Sharing Sleep Is Tiring
- Parenting From the Inside Out
- Five Ideas to Keep Babies and Toddlers Safe from Choking
- Vote Now for Your Favorite Photos in NPN’s Flickr Contest: What Does Natural Parenting Really Look Like?
- May 2013 Carnival of Natural Parenting Call for Submissions: Emergency Preparedness
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED