World Breastfeeding Week
It is World Breastfeeding Week, and I am participating in The Leaky B@@b’s blog carnival both here at Code Name: Mama and over at NursingFreedom.org. Here is the line-up:
Tomorrow on Code Name: Mama, check out Stephanie’s guest post on why she loves nursing her little one to sleep. Then on Thursday, please share your thoughts on a reader’s question regarding breastfeeding during an in-home Bible Study.1
On NursingFreedom.org, we are sharing three posts in the carnival, and they all share a common theme: nursing past infancy. Wednesday we are honored to share a guest post from a mama who has related a story (that’s she’s not very proud of) about nursing a toddler. Friday I am moving the “Joys of Breastfeeding Toddlers” series to NursingFreedom.org for one day – and I am writing the post. Finally, please stop by NursingFreedom.org today to answer a question about nursing past infancy: how can we increase breastfeeding until age two (and/or beyond)?
Did you know that the American Academy of Family Physicians’ 2008 Position Paper says that “breastfeeding until the bare minimum age of 2 years is the norm and anything less brings about detrimental consequences“?
Please read the post at NursingFreedom.org today and share your thoughts. And then stop by both sites throughout the week for more.
What are you doing to celebrate World Breastfeeding Week?
- And please, let’s try to give our honest – and gentle – feedback. I don’t want anyone to be scared to ask honest questions here about breastfeeding. ↩
2 Responses to:
"World Breastfeeding Week"
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- When Sharing Sleep Is Tiring
- Parenting From the Inside Out
- Five Ideas to Keep Babies and Toddlers Safe from Choking
- Vote Now for Your Favorite Photos in NPN’s Flickr Contest: What Does Natural Parenting Really Look Like?
- May 2013 Carnival of Natural Parenting Call for Submissions: Emergency Preparedness
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED