We voted as a family last night after dinner. We were so late getting there that a few of the poll workers followed us out the door after we got done.
Tom and Kieran went first, because I was stuck wrangling with one of the workers over my last name, which was still in the books under my maiden name. When they got done, the worker asked Kieran if he would like to vote. Hiding his head in Tom’s shoulder, he whispered “yes,” and so he got the kid’s ballot.
Tom read off each of the choices, and Kieran selected his favorite.
“What is your favorite snack? Applesauce, carrots, or cookies?”
Mama sidenote: The kid requests cooked carrots every day before dinner, and he chooses applesauce? I don’t even remember the last time he had applesauce!
“What is your favorite pet? Pick two. Options: Dog. Cat.”
Mama sidenote: Ummm, is this a trick question?
“President: Mickey Mouse, Spongebob Squarepants, or Spiderman?”
“Vice President: Thomas the Train, Barbie, or Elmo?”
Mama Sidenote: WTH?!
Kieran voted for Mickey Mouse for president and Barbie for VP. Barbie?! I am racking my brain to decide whether he’s even seen a Barbie doll.
After he got done voting he asked, “who is Barbie, mama?”
We’re going to need to work on the democratic process, kid.
8 Responses to:
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- When Sharing Sleep Is Tiring
- Parenting From the Inside Out
- Five Ideas to Keep Babies and Toddlers Safe from Choking
- Vote Now for Your Favorite Photos in NPN’s Flickr Contest: What Does Natural Parenting Really Look Like?
- May 2013 Carnival of Natural Parenting Call for Submissions: Emergency Preparedness
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED