Jeremy Draws a Monster, Part 2
Before we filmed our movie version of Jeremy Draws a Monster by Peter McCarty, Kieran also took a stab at drawing both his own Jeremy and his own monster (please take a minute to watch if you didn’t yesterday, I think it’s hysterical!).
To the right is a picture of Kieran drawing Jeremy.
Jeremy has VERY long appendages, as opposed to the Jeremy in McCarty’s book.
I quite enjoy them. They really do something to bring out the little purple head.
And now, to the left, is Kieran perfecting the monster.
I drew the monster’s body (per Kieran’s directions – “draw more horns, mama!”), Kieran drew the eyes and mouth – notice the teeth, which Kieran was quite proud of.
Kieran had absolutely ZERO interest in making his monster as fancy as Peter McCarty’s monster, who seemed to have ingested hundreds of small flowers.
It’s surprising that I got Kieran to pose at all with his art, but he was willing to do it once I requested that he growl for me.
Usually I’m begging him to stop growling and smile.
On a side note about Jeremy: we spend a little time almost every read through of the book wondering why Jeremy never goes outside. Kieran’s theories:
Jeremy is either:
1) lonely; 2) sad; 3) busy drawing; or 4) eating a sandwich.
And to round out the “cuddle up” theme for this month’s Families, Create! Carnival, I made Kieran a new monster shirt.1
See what I mean with the growling?
Our February theme is “Heroes and Heroines” – what can your family create this month to celebrate the heroes and heroines in your lives?
Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants:
- What’s the perfect way to snuggle up on a cold winter night? Acacia at Fingerpaint & Superheroes knows the answer: make the perfect soup!
- Simply decorated jars by children bring warmth and light to cold Winter’s days at Living Peacefully with Children.
- The ArtsyMama teaches us how to create a no sew fleece throw inspired by your favorite snuggle time book.
- Movies made from books are often pretty poor representations, but this family-made movie from Dionna at Code Name: Mama is monster-ific!
- Aunalise at My Sweet Potatoes created a cozy for her Kindle, to protect it from little hands that think they need to cuddle with it.
- What better way to cuddle and get cozy than in new jammies made by Mama G @ Z everyday things?
- Inspired by her family’s love of the Harry Potter series, Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children decided to make a series of ornaments based on the theme.
- Laura at Nestled Under Rainbows shared a reflection on and a celebration of snuggies, lovies, cuddlies and specials.
- Little Hedgehog got a wonderful idea when his red hat from Father Christmas didn’t fit, and Megan at Purple Dancing Dahlias got a wonderful idea to knit a sweet hedgehog!
- Monster-inspired artwork by a monster-clad kid. Despite the growling, he really is cuddly! Monster love courtesy of Dionna at Code Name: Mama.
- Arpita at Up, Down & Natural shares a quick tutorial on how to make your very own Pippalily inspire pouch sling, with zippered pocket & key ring, and a matching nursing cover to boot!
- Amy at Anktangle finally completed something cuddly and warm for her son Daniel: his very own afghan, crocheted with love by Momma.
- Who’d want to cuddle with a cuttlefish? Aunalise at My Sweet Potatoes thinks you might want to cuddle up with this sweet plush cuttlefish!
- In an attempt to slow down and relax while watching her children, Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children decided to give knitting another chance.
- And yes, I am quite willing to make YOUR little one a monster shirt. If you send me a shirt, I’ll create/sew on a monster for $15 plus shipping. I’m not a professional seamstress, but I have made quite a few monster shirts, and they’ve all turned out quite nicely if I do say so myself! I even have a second blue monster that matches the one on Kieran’s shirt. ↩
4 Responses to:
"Jeremy Draws a Monster, Part 2"
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- 9 Ways to Create Moments of Connection with Older Children
- Lego Angst
- I Wish Children Came with Instruction Manuals
- Mindful Nurturing Resources Bundle Sale
- We’re Just Suckers for Breastmilk! Should Lactivists Worry About Breastmilk-Flavored Lollipops?
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED