Nine Ideas to Meaningfully Reconnect – A Guest Post
Think of a time that you have been away from your partner or friend. Days or weeks have passed, and you are anxiously awaiting the moment you will see her (or him). Something important has happened while she was away, and you want nothing more than to hug her close and share your news.
When you see your friend walk through the door, you run up excitedly, completely in the moment. But she has had a long trip, she is frazzled, she would rather just turn the radio on and tune the world out. She gives you a cursory hug, tells you to hurry up, and turns away.
And you are crushed.
Now imagine that your child is the one waiting for her friend, and you are the friend.
It happens, doesn’t it?
This week I have a guest post over at one of my favorite places – PhD in Parenting. Please stop by and read through some suggestions on how to meaningfully reconnect with your child after an absence, and leave your own thoughts in the comments. Thank you!
2 Responses to:
"Nine Ideas to Meaningfully Reconnect – A Guest Post"
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- When Sharing Sleep Is Tiring
- Parenting From the Inside Out
- Five Ideas to Keep Babies and Toddlers Safe from Choking
- Vote Now for Your Favorite Photos in NPN’s Flickr Contest: What Does Natural Parenting Really Look Like?
- May 2013 Carnival of Natural Parenting Call for Submissions: Emergency Preparedness
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED