NPN Volunteer Goodness
Today I’d like to share with you some of the best posts written by other Natural Parents Network editors, authors, mentors and other volunteers in this incredible network. If you haven’t yet, I encourage you to join the NPN community on the blog, on Facebook and on Twitter.
And if you have some extra time to volunteer with NPN, we have many spots open that caring volunteers could fill!
After you’ve read some of the posts below, read more about our fabulous volunteers on NPN’s About page.
- Amanda at Let’s Take the Metro shares a comprehensive list of all the food she keeps on hand.
- As part of an ongoing series about balance, Amy at Anktangle writes about a daily ritual she has adopted to help her maintain balance in her life.
- Cynthia at The Hippie Housewife is reminded that while the days may sometimes be long, the years are short, and after a rough day the best thing to do is give thanks for the best parts and try again tomorrow.
- Shannon from Pineapples and Artichokes writes about how she is trying to raise her daughter to be accepting of everyone.
- Suchada at Mama Eve writes a heartfelt letter chronicling her journey with a difficult transition in Sleep, Crying, and Balancing Closeness with Boundaries.
- Charise at I Thought I Knew Mama shares sound bites from her miscarriage journey of forgiveness and gratitude.
- Emily from Embrita Blogging shares a collection of photos depicting things that make her happy.
- Kristin at Intrepid Murmurings has some helpful insights, tips, and tricks to share for babywearing with twins.
- Luschka at Diary of a First Child talks about the battle between breastfeeding and formula feeding mothers and the industry that stokes the flames of a war on mothers.
- Mary Michael at The Accidental Natural Mama recounts her journey to Mama-hood.
- Melissa from The New Mommy Files: Memories, Milestones and Missteps makes a compelling case for instinctual mothering.
- Rachael at The Variegated Life meditates on the moment when she first saw herself fully embodying her life as a mother.
- Shannon of The ArtsyMama shares her top ten list of things she wishes she had known more about before the birth of her son, Little Man.
- Amy at Innate Wholeness offers simple tips to be present with family whether you’re having fun and want to soak it up like a sponge or would rather run and hide in a cave.
- Darcel at The Mahogany Way has the ultimate boredom busting activity for children of all ages.
- Jennifer at Hybrid Rasta Mama discusses the overuse of the word “no” and offers some aid in finding creative ways to avoid “no.”
- Mandy at Living Peacefully With Children: Letting go of the illusion of control opens up a an entirely new world.
- Sheryl at Little Snowflakes talks about the benefits of nursing a child to sleep.
NPN Social Media & Networking Managers and Moderators
- Alicia at Lactation Narration discusses the long journey of child-led weaning, during which she thought several times that her child was weaned before she really was.
- Joella at Fine and Fair discusses her unique perspective of a controversial toy in An Unusual Gripe with Bebe Gloton.
- Julia at A Little Bit of All of It tells the story of how motherhood came to her and how a miscarriage shaped her feelings and perceptions surrounding the birth of her first daughter.
- Momma Jorje shares some good news and important information about Lindane and Lice.
- Lauren at Hobo Mama openly discusses an often-sensitive topic: Postpartum sex vs. sex before kids.
- Dionna at Code Name: Mama offers 7 Alternatives to Good Job: “Good job’ing” kids can be a mindless habit to fall into. Instead of using a generic “good job,” try one of these ideas to really connect with and nurture your child.
One Response to:
"NPN Volunteer Goodness"
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- When Sharing Sleep Is Tiring
- Parenting From the Inside Out
- Five Ideas to Keep Babies and Toddlers Safe from Choking
- Vote Now for Your Favorite Photos in NPN’s Flickr Contest: What Does Natural Parenting Really Look Like?
- May 2013 Carnival of Natural Parenting Call for Submissions: Emergency Preparedness
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED