That’s Just Love Sneaking Up On You – Guest Post
When we found out we were pregnant with our first son, Kieran, I started falling in love with him from the moment we saw those two lines appear. Love was easy, it was uncomplicated.
This second time around, even after 21 months spent trying to conceive, love has been much more elusive. After the typical panic attacks about how a second child will change our family, followed by the heartache of losing my breastmilk at ten weeks and fears of weaning, I haven’t been falling in love as much as I’ve been wallowing around somewhere near its outer edges.
Want to read more? I’m guest posting today over at Taking Time, a sweet blog written by Starr about gentle mothering and gentle living. I love what Starr has to say about gentle parenting in her piece about Replacing the Battles, and if you are at all interested in homeopathy, check out her post on Homeopathy in My Healing Cupboard.
For the month of September,Starr has asked several bloggers to write on the theme of “love,” and I’ll admit it here – this topic was very hard for me to write about right now. Please stop by Taking Time today to read about how Kieran has held my hand and led me gently down the path of love. And feel free to leave your own thoughts and experiences about falling in love with each of your children, even when it didn’t feel easy.
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- 9 Ways to Create Moments of Connection with Older Children
- Lego Angst
- I Wish Children Came with Instruction Manuals
- Mindful Nurturing Resources Bundle Sale
- We’re Just Suckers for Breastmilk! Should Lactivists Worry About Breastmilk-Flavored Lollipops?
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED