Hula Dancing: The Frog and the Volcano
Kieran’s favorite books are The Magic Treehouse series by Mary Pope Osborne. We recently read #28 High Tide in Hawaii, and when we got done, Kieran wanted to try his own version of a hula dance.
We learned in the book that Hawaiians have used hula to tell stories since the time when they had no written language. We looked up a few hula videos on YouTube so Kieran could see the dancing in addition to reading about it, and then we sat down and thought of a story.
The story of The Frog and the Volcano is almost entirely from Kieran’s imagination, but it is told by me so that he can dance. We hope you’ll enjoy our original (and very non-traditional) hula!
You still have a few days to blog about what you and your children did for the Families, Create! Blog Carnival – this month our theme is “Favorite Books” – pick your child’s favorite book and create something special, then link up with the rest of us by filling out the form at the Call for Submissions post.
One Response to:
"Hula Dancing: The Frog and the Volcano"
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- 9 Ways to Create Moments of Connection with Older Children
- Lego Angst
- I Wish Children Came with Instruction Manuals
- Mindful Nurturing Resources Bundle Sale
- We’re Just Suckers for Breastmilk! Should Lactivists Worry About Breastmilk-Flavored Lollipops?
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED