Sunday Surf: February Edition 2.0
From the Volunteers at Natural Parents Network
- Alicia at Lactation Narration shares some fascinating facts about breastmilk – did you know that there are “a whole variety of live cells . . . present in breast milk[?] . . . These cells can be absorbed by the infant through the mucosal membrane of the intestine, where they continue to carry out their normal functions.” That’s a good thing, folks. Read more at How Many Cells Are in YOUR Breast Milk!
- Cynthia, The Hippie Housewife, has shared a beautiful post about apologizing to her children in The Value of an Apology. I do this often with Kieran, because I’m not perfect either.
- Mandy from Living Peacefully with Children gives us tips on how to successfully plan field trips.
- Kieran will love the Roll to 100 math game from Kristin at Intrepid Murmurings.
Around the Blogosphere
- Kieran loves his marbles and doing mazes, so I was beyond excited when I saw Making a-maze-ing marble mazes for the preschool classroom at Teach Preschool. We will definitely use these in a future Preschool Activities post!
- The conversation in Playground Confessions between two littles is so right on. I love how Little Hearts/Gentle Parenting Resources turns parenting (and “typical toddler/preschooler behavior”) on its head!
- I cannot express how much I love this bag made from cloth diapers. From Parenting from Scratch.
- A sweet post from Mudpie Mama on how you can be kind to your little one, even during some of the most challenging times – tantrums.
- Ditto to these thoughts from Domestic Chaos on why mamas take breastfeeding pictures. It’s not because we’re exhibitionists, it’s because we’re busy recording our children’s lives.
- For my breastfeeding friends, enter to win a $40 gift certificate to Milk Nursingwear – they have stylish and super comfortable nursing apparel.
- My newest giveaway is some awesome, awesome postpartum care products from Earth Mama Angel Baby (this is a joint giveaway between Code Name: Mama, Natural Parents Network, and Hobo Mama). There will be two winners – enter today!
My Current Giveaways
One Response to:
"Sunday Surf: February Edition 2.0"
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- 9 Ways to Create Moments of Connection with Older Children
- Lego Angst
- I Wish Children Came with Instruction Manuals
- Mindful Nurturing Resources Bundle Sale
- We’re Just Suckers for Breastmilk! Should Lactivists Worry About Breastmilk-Flavored Lollipops?
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED