Embarrassing Moments as a Parent – Link Up!
The day before Valentine’s Day, we were invited to attend an anniversary party for our friends. We all got dolled up (well, I curled my hair and put on lipstick!) and drove over to their house.
As we pulled up I, uh, tooted. It was a doozy.
Kieran said, “what is that awful smell?!”
I said, “it was my bottom.”
Tom said, “it smells like rotten eggs!”
And Kieran started singing, “mama had a rotten egg! mama had a rotten egg!” He sang and sang and sang, while we got out of the car, while we walked up the steps, while we neared the door.
I was petrified that he would walk into the house full of people singing “mama had a rotten egg!,” and so I finally hissed at him to “be quiet!”
He had the gall to ask me why.
So let’s hear it, parents – how have you been embarrassed, courtesy of your kiddos? Surely mine isn’t the only one who is lacking on the social graces outlining when it is appropriate to make fun of someone’s gaseous indiscretions.
Leave a comment here sharing your story, or write a quick and dirty post and link up! Be sure to leave a link to this post and ask your readers to join us. Let’s commiserate!
15 Responses to:
"Embarrassing Moments as a Parent – Link Up!"
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- When Sharing Sleep Is Tiring
- Parenting From the Inside Out
- Five Ideas to Keep Babies and Toddlers Safe from Choking
- Vote Now for Your Favorite Photos in NPN’s Flickr Contest: What Does Natural Parenting Really Look Like?
- May 2013 Carnival of Natural Parenting Call for Submissions: Emergency Preparedness
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED