Ailia is the baby – and now toddler – for whom childproofing manuals are written. Her tendency to put foreign objects in her mouth has instigated three calls to Poison Control and one visit to the emergency room. Today I’m sharing some things that have helped us keep our mouther safe.
Lisa’s goal with Mommy and Me Yoga is to give moms tools to help their bodies and minds feel healthier and more relaxed. She understands that as moms, we sometimes ignore our own needs, and we tend to carry our stress in our muscles. Regular yoga practice can help us find inner peace and a more relaxed, fit body.
Yesterday my ten-month-old went down the slide by himself. For months on our daily outing to the park, he sat next to me on the concrete playing with blocks or balls, watching his older brother run and play. He never went beyond arms reach, in spite of being an avid…
Encouraging a Love of Dirt Gardening for me is more than just a way to save money by growing vegetables. It is humbling. Miraculous. Exhausting. It is an exercise in delayed gratification. It physically connects me to the Earth. Gardening tests my patience while strengthening my spirit. My husband shakes…
One of my most vivid Christmas memories (vivid because we repeated it for the first 30 or so years of my life) is this: We wake Christmas morning and run downstairs to the tree, which is overflowing with brightly wrapped packages, bedecked in glittery bows, sparkling with festive twine and…
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- 9 Ways to Create Moments of Connection with Older Children
- Lego Angst
- I Wish Children Came with Instruction Manuals
- Mindful Nurturing Resources Bundle Sale
- We’re Just Suckers for Breastmilk! Should Lactivists Worry About Breastmilk-Flavored Lollipops?
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED