I’m not aware of any official Fun Theory in the field of learning. But fun shimmers under the surface of motivation and focus like a very big fish. This post includes notes about some of the factors that make learning fun and intrinsically interesting.
I attempted my first dairy-free baked good, and it was a tremendous success. Seriously, these were so good that they were gone in the first day. My recipe started as the Dairy-Free Cranberry Scones recipe from About.com, but (of course) I modified it. So here is that recipe with my…
There’s a distinct pleasure in spending time with people who delight in the same thing that fascinates us. That might be running marathons, understanding Civil War strategy, making homemade cheese or writing mysteries. Who doesn’t love talking about a favorite topic? It’s certainly easy to build friendships that way. Shared…
“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” – The Dalai Lama A friend told me a story about a ski trip he’d recently taken. One of the days that they were in Vermont for their trip, he and his friends…
“You’re a frigging idiot.” That’s what the guy behind us said. He spoke so loudly that two rows of concert-goers heard it. He didn’t even wait until the intermission to announce he considered us boorish. I’m still not sure what upset him so much. My seven-year-old daughter had begged to…
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- 9 Ways to Create Moments of Connection with Older Children
- Lego Angst
- I Wish Children Came with Instruction Manuals
- Mindful Nurturing Resources Bundle Sale
- We’re Just Suckers for Breastmilk! Should Lactivists Worry About Breastmilk-Flavored Lollipops?
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED