I am ashamed to admit that we made these as cookies for our local firefighters. Because they turned out a little flat (albeit delicious and a little bit healthier than the traditional CCC recipe),1 I used the rest of the dough and tried them as a “cookie brownie” or bar….
My husband and I don’t buy a lot of stuff. We haven’t taken any of the official “buy nothing” or “buy only non-commercial” pledges, we just try to buy used, make do, make our own, and shop locally. It can be hard to keep to our shopping guidelines during Christmas….
Happy Thanksgiving!! I have a Thanksgiving challenge for you – and a fun link up! After the turkey is eaten and the pumpkin pies are put away, take a few minutes to think about all the things you are thankful for. And then, think about something you and your family…
Kieran and I are part of a preschool co-op with seven other families. Every two weeks, one of the families hosts a class. We’ve done art projects with fall nature items (pine cones, leaves, twigs), science projects with miniature magnifying glasses, and this past week I hosted a cooking class….
Service to my community and fellow humans is very important to me, but it’s hard to find a good place to take a little one who is too young to do any real “work,” but is too old to just sit in a sling while you do something meaningful. Here…
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- When Sharing Sleep Is Tiring
- Parenting From the Inside Out
- Five Ideas to Keep Babies and Toddlers Safe from Choking
- Vote Now for Your Favorite Photos in NPN’s Flickr Contest: What Does Natural Parenting Really Look Like?
- May 2013 Carnival of Natural Parenting Call for Submissions: Emergency Preparedness
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED