Category: ’Ecological Responsibility and Love of Nature’
Encouraging a Love of Dirt Gardening for me is more than just a way to save money by growing vegetables. It is humbling. Miraculous. Exhausting. It is an exercise in delayed gratification. It physically connects me to the Earth. Gardening tests my patience while strengthening my spirit. My husband shakes…
My husband and I don’t buy a lot of stuff. We haven’t taken any of the official “buy nothing” or “buy only non-commercial” pledges, we just try to buy used, make do, make our own, and shop locally. It can be hard to keep to our shopping guidelines during Christmas….
Service to my community and fellow humans is very important to me, but it’s hard to find a good place to take a little one who is too young to do any real “work,” but is too old to just sit in a sling while you do something meaningful. Here…
This is part four in a series in which I discuss why my family uses cloth rather than disposable diapers. In part one I looked at the environmental impact of both diapering systems. I presented research on the health concerns of each system in part two. Part three included information on…
This is part three in a series in which I discuss why my family uses cloth rather than disposable diapers. In part one I looked at the environmental impact of both diapering systems. I presented research on the health concerns of each system in part two. Today I will give…
My Book Is Now Available!
For My Children: A Mother's Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom
Click the cover to order now!
- 9 Ways to Create Moments of Connection with Older Children
- Lego Angst
- I Wish Children Came with Instruction Manuals
- Mindful Nurturing Resources Bundle Sale
- We’re Just Suckers for Breastmilk! Should Lactivists Worry About Breastmilk-Flavored Lollipops?
Forced Weaning Due to Pregnancy
101 Things To Do Instead of Yelling or Spanking
The Effects of Circumcision on Newborn Boys
Kardashian’s Call to Cover Up
- Mother’s Day Gift Set Giveaway from moksa organics and Zoe Organics
- Natural Parents Network Holiday Gift Guide
- Giveaway: 12×16 Custom Portrait from Destany Fenton Fine Art – $220 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: Story Starters Game from Mama May I – $25 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $35 Gift Certificate to Earthslings – $35 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $30 Gift Certificate from Dominna – $30 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: $20 Gift Certificate to Two Pink Hearts – $20 ARV CLOSED
- Giveaway: 3 Pairs of Earrings from Job Description Mommy – $45 ARV CLOSED
- Revisionary Parenting
- Giveaway: Qwirkle Game from SeriousShops.com – $25 ARV CLOSED